16th November 2021
QuantuMDx are offering an exciting opportunity of DevOps Engineer to develop software for the Q-POC™ platform which is designed to diagnose infectious disease within minutes and make a real impact on human healthcare.
An opportunity for a DevOps Engineer who is passionate about DevOps processes to join our Global Software Development team as we design new, web-based and mobile applications as part of our growth strategy. The successful candidate will be working with Existing DevOps processes, multiple teams from Frontend and Backend Developers, Databases, POs, QA and Automation Engineers.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Performing a combination, but not necessarily all, of the following duties:
- Deploy, automate, maintain and manage software on production systems; ensuring the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems
- Achieve a delivery process supporting the continuous deployment
- Build, release and configuration management of production systems
- System troubleshooting and problem-solving across infrastructure and application domains
- Work with development teams on requirements for new applications to be onboarded into CI/CD process
- Maintain and enhance our Continuous Integration environment on a real-time basis by monitoring builds, maintaining configurations, and resolving build/CI issues
- Collaborate with Architects, Developers, Systems and Network Engineers, Software and QA Engineers to support all phases of development, including production releases
- Deploy software, both manually and through automated procedures, in hosted cloud environments
- Assist with Azure/AWS Infrastructure automation
- Ability to actively participate in product definition, specification, and implementation; to practice and promote sound software engineering methodologies; and to support and improve the team’s software development environment;
- Experience with testing tools and methodologies like TDD and BDD.
- CI/CD processes with Databases – MSSQL
- Take ownership of key areas of DevOps, by providing leadership and prioritization of issues
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- Proven Agile Software Development experience
- Experience with Azure/AWS DevOps CI/CD process
- Release Engineering experience
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code
- YAML pipelines
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Jenkins
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a multisite, multicultural team
- Ability to quickly learn and understand technical problems
- Documentation skills;
- Attention to detail and perfectionist instincts that get the job done right, first time
- Preference for a high intensity, high energy work environment and contribute to same
- Eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction
- in-depth understanding of computer systems and their operation
- excellent spoken and written communication to explain your methods to a technical and non-technical audience
- attention to detail, to be able to plan and execute tests while considering client requirements
- the ability to think creatively and strategically to penetrate security systems
- good time management and organisational skills to meet client deadlines
- the ability to think laterally and ‘outside the box’
- teamwork skills, to support colleagues and share techniques
- exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills and the persistence to apply different techniques to get the job done
- commitment to continuously updating your technical knowledge base
- BEng/BSc (or equivalent) in a Computer Science, Computer Science and Electronics, or Software Engineering degree
QuantuMDx is a UK-based developer of transformational point-of-care diagnostics, with global operations.
QuantuMDx has developed Q-POC™ – a rapid, portable, PCR point of care diagnostic system. Q-POC™ compresses an entire molecular diagnostic laboratory into a simple to use, accessible and affordable single device, for use at the point of care, with results in approximately 30 minutes. Q-POC™ has been designed for front-line healthcare professionals within a wide range of settings, including emergency rooms, ICU and birthing centers, clinics and pharmacies. Patients are tested, diagnosed and given treatment options in one efficient consultation.
Our first Q-POC™ test detects SARS-CoV-2, the virus causing COVID-19.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
"*" indicates required fields