QuantuMDx are offering an exciting opportunity of DevOps Engineer to develop software for the Q-POC™ platform which is designed to diagnose infectious disease within minutes and make a real impact on human healthcare.
An opportunity for a DevOps Engineer who is passionate about DevOps processes to join our Global Software Development team as we design new, web-based and mobile applications as part of our growth strategy. The successful candidate will be working with Existing DevOps processes, multiple teams from Frontend and Backend Developers, Databases, POs, QA and Automation Engineers.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Performing a combination, but not necessarily all, of the following duties:
- Deploy, automate, maintain and manage software on production systems; ensuring the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems
- Achieve a delivery process supporting the continuous deployment
- Build, release and configuration management of production systems
- System troubleshooting and problem-solving across infrastructure and application domains
- Work with development teams on requirements for new applications to be onboarded into CI/CD process
- Maintain and enhance our Continuous Integration environment on a real-time basis by monitoring builds, maintaining configurations, and resolving build/CI issues
- Collaborate with Architects, Developers, Systems and Network Engineers, Software and QA Engineers to support all phases of development, including production releases
- Deploy software, both manually and through automated procedures, in hosted cloud environments
- Assist with Azure/AWS Infrastructure automation
- Ability to actively participate in product definition, specification, and implementation; to practice and promote sound software engineering methodologies; and to support and improve the team’s software development environment;
- Experience with testing tools and methodologies like TDD and BDD.
- CI/CD processes with Databases – MSSQL
- Take ownership of key areas of DevOps, by providing leadership and prioritization of issues
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- Proven Agile Software Development experience
- Experience with Azure/AWS DevOps CI/CD process
- Release Engineering experience
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code
- YAML pipelines
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Jenkins
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a multisite, multicultural team
- Ability to quickly learn and understand technical problems
- Documentation skills;
- Attention to detail and perfectionist instincts that get the job done right, first time
- Preference for a high intensity, high energy work environment and contribute to same
- Eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction
- in-depth understanding of computer systems and their operation
- excellent spoken and written communication to explain your methods to a technical and non-technical audience
- attention to detail, to be able to plan and execute tests while considering client requirements
- the ability to think creatively and strategically to penetrate security systems
- good time management and organisational skills to meet client deadlines
- the ability to think laterally and ‘outside the box’
- teamwork skills, to support colleagues and share techniques
- exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills and the persistence to apply different techniques to get the job done
- commitment to continuously updating your technical knowledge base
- BEng/BSc (or equivalent) in a Computer Science, Computer Science and Electronics, or Software Engineering degree
QuantuMDx is a progressive MedTech company passionate about empowering the world to control disease and reduce suffering. QuantuMDx solves real-world diagnostic problems by creating multiplex molecular solutions for the Point of Need, for anyone, anywhere. QuantuMDx has global operations and strategic partnerships – keeping it at the forefront of molecular diagnostics.
The Q-POC™ platform is a rapid, simple to use, portable, sample to answer multiplex PCR device. It has been designed for use in a range of real-world settings, such as hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, dentistry, workplaces and in the field, providing accurate PCR results at the Point of Need.
Q-POC™ and its first test, a SARS-CoV-2 multiplex detection assay, are CE-IVD marked under the In Vitro Diagnostics Directive (98/79/EC), enabling use within Europe. It tests multiple targets of the disease for a future proof COVID-19 testing solution at the Point of Need.
QuantuMDx plans to launch a range of syndromic multiplex testing assays over the coming months and years.
Apply for this role
To apply for this role, please get in touch via email@example.com, attach your cover letter and CV. Thank you.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.