Procurement/Supply Chain Manager
21st June 2021 | QuantuMDx Team
Procurement / Supply Chain Manager
We’re seeking an enthusiastic supply chain and procurement manager who is looking to take on their next challenge. You will use your knowledge and experience to implement SIOP (sales, inventory, operations and planning) best practices in this newly developed role.
Reporting directly to the VP Operations, you will liaise with leaders across commercial, manufacturing, development & quality to ensure supply chain, inventory and logistics are planned and managed with operational excellence. This will involve liaising with CMO’s and a complex array of suppliers to ensure excellence in quality, appropriate costs savings identified and approved, and agreements negotiated.
In addition, you will also seek other cost saving opportunities within the business and successfully execute against these in line with the company’s focus to address Low and Middle Income Countries (LMIC) markets. Therefore, you will have a strong input into forecasting and managing associated spend within the defined areas of the business.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Performing a combination, but not necessarily all, of the following duties:
- Liaise with key company leaders to determine the supply needs.
- Take the lead in negotiating commercial supply agreements.
- Ensure supply is on track to fulfil inventories in line with sales projections.
- Manage logistics of internal and external supply.
- Monitor business trends and product availability to negotiate the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times.
- Nurture relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best terms for company.
- Identify and research potential new suppliers.
- Research new products and services to meet company’s goals.
- Assess total costs of company purchases and seek opportunities to reduce costs.
- Develop and implement strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels.
- Work with IT to identify and implement suitable software solutions to support SIOP activities.
- Achieve timescales and highlight potentially problematic issues ahead of time and drive internal/external teams in resolving these.
- Perform and manage all work in a safe manner and in compliance with local procedures/ company standards and current health, safety and environment legislation.
- Team Management:
- Work closely with the Development, Quality and Manufacturing teams to ensure components procured, that the QMS demonstrates compliance with requirements for all products, across all relevant territories with respect to process and product validation.
- Identify opportunities to share knowledge across company functions and disseminate information, for example through formal training sessions for any other relevant company departments.
- Process Development:
- Ability to understand and apply Regulatory standards for the products being developed.
- Research and interpret standards for In-vitro Diagnostic devices and keep abreast of changes in regulations and standards to ensure that QuantuMDx validation activities comply and continue to comply.
- Participate in risk management to all aspects of product development including process risks and product risks. Able to apply sound judgment and act quickly to contain, address and mitigate any risks that occur.
- Manage the integration of appropriate ERP systems into current processes.
- Time Management:
- Ability to manage both self and others conflicting activities to deliver on time.
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- A highly motivated, organized, proactive and enthusiastic individual with a proven ability to work and motivate with utmost tact and diplomacy.
- Relevant degree in Engineering, Business or Operations management and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience of working with ISO 13485 is essential with direct experience working in the IVD industry an advantage.
- Outstanding teamwork and ability to interact with external and internal partners on fast-paced projects.
- Significant influence, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Ability to exert thoughtful influence in a matrixed organization, be a strong teammate and communicator.
- Knowledge of ERP systems or equivalent.
- APICS certification would be desirable.
- Good sense of humour and ability to adapt to a changing environment as the Company matures and moves from the R&D stage into commercialisation.
- Be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction.
To apply for this role, please complete the form below and attach your CV. Thank you.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.