9th December 2021
QuantuMDx are offering an exciting opportunity of Project Manager.
The role requires a highly organized and proactive individual to assist the VP Research & Development and other Project Managers in managing the various wide ranging scientific and engineering projects currently undertaken by the Company, both internally and with external global partners. Reporting to the VP of Research & Development, this role will work in close communication with the Management Team in order to provide the necessary support, to ensure product development remains on track.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Performing a combination, but not necessarily all, of the following duties.
- Liaise daily with scientists and engineers in house and ensure excellent communication between teams and management
- To work with all stakeholders and members of the team to aid the delivery of projects to time and within budget
- To maintain Gantt Charts and projects plans, tracking deliverables and budgets
- To track existing grants and internal projects
- To take responsibility for delivering development projects on time and in budget
- To maintain extensive project plans with various external suppliers effectively and highlight any deviations in timing or budget
- To maintain the tracking of deliverables and budgets both to customers and from suppliers
- Any other duties as reasonably requested from time to time
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- Proven ability in project managing scientific or engineering project
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project or similar
- PM Certification or equivalent (e.g. AGILE, SCRUM, Prince2)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Industrial experience
- Experience of working in a quality led environment, preferably under ISO13485
- A degree in science or engineering, preferably the life sciences
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Project
- Ability to fit into a dynamic team environment
- A highly motivated, organized, proactive and enthusiastic individual with a proven ability to deliver results in a timely manner
- Be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction
- Good sense of humour and ability to adapt to a changing environment as the company matures and moves from the R&D stage into commercialization
- Project Management experience in life science or medical device applications
- Project Management experience in a production environment
QuantuMDx is a UK-based developer of transformational point-of-care diagnostics, with global operations.
QuantuMDx has developed Q-POC™ – a rapid, portable, PCR point of care diagnostic system. Q-POC™ compresses an entire molecular diagnostic laboratory into a simple to use, accessible and affordable single device, for use at the point of care, with results in approximately 30 minutes. Q-POC™ has been designed for front-line healthcare professionals within a wide range of settings, including emergency rooms, ICU and birthing centers, clinics and pharmacies. Patients are tested, diagnosed and given treatment options in one efficient consultation.
Our first Q-POC™ test detects SARS-CoV-2, the virus causing COVID-19.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
"*" indicates required fields