About the Job
The successful candidate will work within the MS&T Team to manufacture and QC test the point of need Viral Inactivator kit. It is an opportunity for candidates with a background in production or QC (engineering or sciences) to support the internal manufacture of the Viral Inactivator kit.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
This role requires accurate execution of protocols, comprehensive reporting and adherence to good documentation practice. Prior experience is desirable, but training will be provided. The test technician will work with other functions including Manufacturing and QA/QC.
Undertake the following activities:
- Be trained in executing protocols
- Be trained in good documentation practice & Good Manufacturing Practice
- Ensure that measuring and testing equipment are set up correctly and calibration is maintained
- Complete batch manufacture of product
- Inspect and test samples of products
- Execute Quality Control protocols on the product
- Accurately document and report results of checks and tests carried out
- Review data and escalate issues to the MS&T team lead
- Document deviations for review and approval
- Propose protocol changes as necessary
- Work flexibly to accommodate business priorities
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- Good A levels in a technology, engineering or science discipline
- Ability to work to the Company’s Quality Systems and Policies in line with ISO13485 standards
- Be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction
- Excellent work ethic and strong communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to multitask
- Good sense of humour and ability to work in a changing environment on complex projects
- Degree qualified in a technology, engineering or science discipline
- Prior experience in a pilot manufacturing or production environment
- Prior experience of performing QC testing
- Prior experience of following protocols and methods
- Prior experience or completing QC and Test records
- Good manufacturing practice
- Good documentation practice
- Good laboratory practice
QuantuMDx is a progressive MedTech company passionate about empowering the world to control disease and reduce suffering. QuantuMDx solves real-world diagnostic problems by creating multiplex molecular solutions for the Point of Need, for anyone, anywhere. QuantuMDx has global operations and strategic partnerships – keeping it at the forefront of molecular diagnostics.
The Q-POC™ platform is a rapid, simple to use, portable, sample to answer multiplex PCR device. It has been designed for use in a range of real-world settings, such as hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, dentistry, workplaces and in the field, providing accurate PCR results at the Point of Need.
Q-POC™ and its first test, a SARS-CoV-2 multiplex detection assay, are CE-IVD marked under the In Vitro Diagnostics Directive (98/79/EC), enabling use within Europe. It tests multiple targets of the disease for a future proof COVID-19 testing solution at the Point of Need.
QuantuMDx plans to launch a range of syndromic multiplex testing assays over the coming months and years.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.