Temporary Quality Control Technician
17th September 2021 | Thomas Goepfert
Join our team
The Temporary Quality Control Technician will work within the Quality Control Team to test the point of care SARS-CoV-2 assay and Q-POC platform. It is an opportunity for candidates with a background in technology (engineering or sciences) to hands on help in release testing of the Q-POC and SARS-CoV-2 assay.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Performing a combination, but not necessarily all, of the following duties:
This role of Temporary Quality Control Technician requires accurate execution of protocols, comprehensive reporting and adherence to good documentation practice. Prior experience is desirable but training will be provided. The test technician will work with other functions including project management, manufacturing and quality.
Undertake the following activities
• Be trained in executing protocols
• Be trained in good documentation practice
• Gather and set-up test equipment
• Execute Quality Control and Verification & Validation test protocols on the Q-POC product
• Accurately document and report results
• Review data and escalate issues to the testing activity project lead
• Document deviations for review and approval
• Propose protocol changes as necessary
• Work flexibly to accommodate business priorities
Experience, knowledge and requirements
• Good A levels in a technology, engineering or science discipline
• Ability to work to the Company’s Quality Systems and Policies in line with ISO13485 standards
• Be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction
• Excellent work ethic and strong communication skills
• Good sense of humour and ability to work in a changing environment on complex projects
• Degree qualified in a technology, engineering or science discipline
• Prior experience of performing QC testing
• Prior experience of following protocols and methods
• Prior experience or completing QC and Test records
• Good documentation practice
QuantuMDx is a UK-based developer of transformational point-of-care diagnostics, with global
QuantuMDx has developed Q-POC™ – a rapid, portable, PCR point of care diagnostic system. Q-POCT compresses an entire molecular diagnostic laboratory into a simple to use, accessible and affordable single device, for use at the point of care, with results in approximately 30 minutes. Q-POC™ has been designed for front-line healthcare professionals within a wide range of settings, including emergency rooms, ICU and birthing centers, clinics and pharmacies. Patients are tested, diagnosed and given treatment options in one efficient consultation.
To apply for this role, please complete the form below and attach your CV. Thank you.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
"*" indicates required fields