MS&T Research Scientist
20th August 2021 | Thomas Geopfert
MS&T Research Scientist
This position requires a hands-on, cross-functional individual to support the technology development and transfer of QMDx IVD devices, including sub-components and sub-assemblies. The successful candidate will work within the MS&T team with cross-disciplinary project-led teams, as required.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Performing a combination, but not necessarily all, of the following duties:
- Support the development and technical transfer of microarray printing to the preferred CMO towards pilot and high-volume scale manufacture
- Support assay development with new pipeline assays by leading the precision probe deposition on a variety of substrates, to ensure that results and external demands are delivered accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Support R&D and Manufacturing teams with RCA and FMA activities
- Support QC with method development and associated documentation
- Contribute to the production of documentation including Material/Component Specifications, Validation Test Plans/Reports and Certificates of Conformity for components of QMDx’s IVD devices
In addition, the role will include:
- Data collection and analysis of incoming components using appropriate characterisation techniques
- Generate, record and present complex data to line manager, colleagues, senior management and external partners
- Author technical plans and reports, technology transfer documents and prepare scientific presentations as required.
- Write/revise SOPs as needed
- Attend lab, team and project meetings and present findings
- Contribute to maintenance of the lab and equipment
- Work within the Company’s Quality Systems and Policies in line with ISO 13485 standards
- Effectively interact with other Technical and Development teams
- Liaise daily with scientists and engineers in-house and ensure excellent communication between teams and management.
- Provide support to the commercialisation activities of the company
QuantuMDx is a UK-based developer of transformational point-of-care diagnostics, with global
QuantuMDx has developed Q-POCTM – a rapid, portable, PCR point of care diagnostic system. Q-POCT compresses an entire molecular diagnostic laboratory into a simple to use, accessible and affordable single device, for use at the point of care, with results in approximately 30 minutes. Q-POCTM has been designed for front-line healthcare professionals within a wide range of settings, including emergency rooms, ICU and birthing centres, clinics and pharmacies. Patients are tested, diagnosed and given treatment options in one efficient consultation.
Our first Q-POCTM test detects SARS-CoV-2, the virus causing COVID-19.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.