C++ Software Developer
21st February 2021 | QuantuMDx Team
We are looking for a C++ Software Developer who, as a key member of the development team, will lead and shape the software architecture for the next generation of QuantuMDx products. This is an opportunity to bring your knowledge of C++ development in the medical device or diagnostic market to support a cutting-edge technology in the human health space. Working in an agile development model, you will be a key element in the drive to develop powerful software within the IEC 62304 regulatory framework.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
You should have a strong background developing embedded C++ applications based on Linux operating systems. This experience should include direct exposure to the medical device/diagnostic industry, so you have a natural understanding of how to develop software that meets the regulatory requirements for this sector.
This should be accompanied by:
- Test driven development approach, experience with automated build and test environments
- Experience with medical device safety critical systems and software development based on compliance with IEC62304
- Ideally you should have some experience with Cloud-based service development, connectivity and data management
- Experience and a champion of Agile software development practices
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- Proven C++ application development experience
- Experience with embedded Linux operating systems
- Eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction
- Minimum BEng/BSc (or equivalent) in a Computer Science, Computer Science and Electronics, or Software Engineering degree
- Experience of embedded firmware development and working with bootloaders
- Product and software development experience in the life science/biotech arena
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
QuantuMDx Group is an exciting and highly innovative multinational company headquartered in the United Kingdom, with operations and partners in the United States, Asia, Europe and Africa.
The Company’s technology innovates the molecular diagnostic work-flow, enabling delivery of rapid actionable answers to complex clinical questions at a price point accessible to both high and low resource settings.
The Company’s flagship device is the Q-POC™, a simple-to-use, affordable, portable sample to answer molecular diagnostic device. With its laboratory quality testing and cost-effective disposable, Q-POC™ will bring the power of precision medicine to health professionals throughout the world, regardless of location or budget. Moreover, with its best in class multiplexing technology, it enables rapid detection of antimicrobial resistance and subsequent ‘right first-time prescribing’.
The company is developing further diagnostic platforms that may be used as standalone devices or integrated into diagnostic workflows. Products include the pathogen enricher CAPTURE-XT™.