The role of Project Manager requires a highly organised and proactive individual to assist the VP Research & Development and other Project Managers in managing the various wide ranging scientific and engineering projects currently undertaken by the Company, both internally and with external global partners. Reporting to the VP of Research & Development, this role will work in close communication with the Management Team in order to provide the necessary support, to ensure product development remains on track.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Performing a combination, but not necessarily all, of the following duties:
- Liaise daily with scientists and engineers in house and ensure excellent communication between teams and management.
- To work with all stakeholders and members of the team to aid the delivery of projects to time and within budget.
- To maintain Gantt Charts and projects plans, tracking deliverables and budgets.
- To track existing grants and internal projects.
- To take responsibility for delivering development projects on time and in budget
- To maintain extensive project plans with various external suppliers effectively and highlight any deviations in timing or budget.
- To maintain the tracking of deliverables and budgets both to customers and from suppliers.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested from time to time.
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- Proven ability in project managing scientific or engineering projects.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project or similar.
- PM Certification or equivalent (e.g. AGILE, SCRUM, Prince2)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Industrial experience.
- Experience of working in a quality led environment, preferably under ISO13485.
- A degree in science or engineering, preferably the life sciences.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Project
- Ability to fit into a dynamic team environment.
- A highly motivated, organised, proactive and enthusiastic individual with a proven ability to deliver results in a timely manner.
- Be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction.
- Good sense of humour and ability to adapt to a changing environment as the Company matures and moves from the R&D stage into commercialisation.
- Project Management experience in life science or medical device applications
- Project Management experience in a production environment
QuantuMDx is a progressive MedTech company passionate about empowering the world to control disease and reduce suffering. QuantuMDx solves real-world diagnostic problems by creating multiplex molecular solutions for the Point of Need, for anyone, anywhere. QuantuMDx has global operations and strategic partnerships – keeping it at the forefront of molecular diagnostics.
The Q-POC™ platform is a rapid, simple to use, portable, sample to answer multiplex PCR device. It has been designed for use in a range of real-world settings, such as hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, dentistry, workplaces and in the field, providing accurate PCR results at the Point of Need.
Q-POC™ and its first test, a SARS-CoV-2 multiplex detection assay, are CE-IVD marked under the In Vitro Diagnostics Directive (98/79/EC), enabling use within Europe. It tests multiple targets of the disease for a future proof COVID-19 testing solution at the Point of Need.
QuantuMDx plans to launch a range of syndromic multiplex testing assays over the coming months and years.
Apply for this role
To apply for this role, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org, attach your cover letter and CV. Thank you.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.