13th August 2021
The Service Coordinator is responsible for managing the servicing of QuantuMDx’ instrumentation offerings, investigating and assessing of instrument-related faults to determine servicing and repair requirements. You will collaborate closely with the Company’s Customer Success team, support the handling of customer technical inquiries and complaints, and ensure that the Company meets and exceeds customers’ expectations.
The Service Coordinator shall establish and maintain proper business relationships with partners, colleagues and customers as well as perform necessary administrative duties, as required. You will coordinate the recovery, repair and return of faulty customer instrumentation in collaboration with the Company’s Engineering team and/or relevant third-party partners.
Experience in the medical device industry is preferred, with knowledge of completing risk assessments, experience in managing external partners, and filling out activity reports and filing other documentation required in this highly regulated sector, to ensure the highest level of customer service.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Performing a combination, but not necessarily all, of the following duties:
- Supporting the Customer Success Team to troubleshoot, conduct root cause analysis and identify corrective actions for instrument-related issues. On-site visits or direct communications with customers shall be rare. Direct interactions with customers will be managed by the Customer Success team.
- Self-management of schedule and work priorities to ensure that urgent customer requirements are addressed appropriately, and customer satisfaction is optimised.
- Maintaining regular communication with line manager, Customer Success personnel, and commercial team members for any customer matters requiring attention.
- Assisting with training of internal and external Service personnel at partner organisations (e.g. foreign distributors) .
- Working within the Company’s Support and Service processes to ensure that all customer contractual and non-contractual commitments are met.
- Monitoring KPIs and working on continuously improving them (e.g. time to respond, mean time between failures, etc.).
- Working closely with R&D, analysing and reporting on failure trends; suggesting and implementing improvement measures.
- Supporting the training of selected customers and distributors with respect to advanced maintenance and service activities, as required.
- Managing the loaner instrument pool.
- Managing and maintaining spare part stock with the external service contractor.
- Managing and maintaining timely submission of documentation of all repair and support activities.
- Writing, reviewing, approving, and maintaining service manuals and documents, as required.
- Assisting in the development of instrument service documentation, in conjunction with Company specialists. Assisting in the identification and development of service tools and test equipment.
- Assisting in the training of future Customer Success Specialists regarding basic investigational and troubleshooting activities for field interventions / investigations.
- Ability to self-monitor, regulate, and manage one’s own schedule.
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- Electronics, Mechanical or Engineering degree (or equivalent).
- Proven service & support track record (Coordinator position is a plus).
- Experience in the IVD or medical device industry is preferred.
- Strong system-level troubleshooting skills.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate an ability to work independently and be able to successfully schedule, organise, and manage the timely completion of instrument service activities.
- Excellent communication skills, customer-focused and approachable.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction.
QuantuMDx is a UK-based developer of transformational point-of-care diagnostics, with global operations.
QuantuMDx has developed Q-POC™ – a rapid, portable, PCR point of care diagnostic system. Q-POC™ compresses an entire molecular diagnostic laboratory into a simple to use, accessible and affordable single device, for use at the point of care, with results in approximately 30 minutes. Q-POC™ has been designed for front-line healthcare professionals within a wide range of settings, including emergency rooms, ICU and birthing centres, clinics and pharmacies. Patients are tested, diagnosed and given treatment options in one efficient consultation.
Our first Q-POC™ test detects SARS-CoV-2, the virus causing COVID-19.
To apply for this role, please complete the form below and attach your CV. Thank you.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
"*" indicates required fields